10.15.2010

nothing wrong with taking pictures in the dark

...pretty much because I don't want to be a douche bag and take pictures with the flash in a nice restaurant. To be honest, I waited until our waitress was out of sight before snapping these. I don't know what I thought.
That I'd get in trouble like that guy in the Louvre that one time?
That she'd accuse me of being some kind of culinary idea thief?
A spy?
Dinner time espionage. That's what we have here.
For our anniversary Ricky and I went to Fire.
If you live anywhere near Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, you should go. It was amazing.
They gave us complimentary champagne in honor of our anniversary. I liked that.
We had:
A bottle of Daedalus Cellars Pinot Noir. I'm a fan of Willamette Valley Pinot Noirs, as we all know.
Yellowfin tuna and beet ceviche.
Panko fried green tomatoes with celery root-wasabi remoulade and soy pickled shrimp.
Bricked chicken with a wild mushroom and preserved lemon risotto and parsley walnut pesto.
Hanger steak with arugula and radish salsa verde and truffle parmesan duck fat fries.
Duck. Fat. Fries.
Arugula and crispy oyster salad with lemon vinaigrette.
Bacon cake!
Seriously. Bacon infused chocolate chipotle cake with Kahlua anglaise, warm cherry compote, and crushed almonds.
This was indescribably good.
This place is fantastic. Very small menu, no substitutions allowed, and they didn't even ask how Ricky wanted his steak cooked. Why? Because the chef knows what he's doing, ya dig?
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment