10.24.2010

My birthday and lamb vindaloo


Yesterday was my birthday, and Ricky and I went to Destin. I found some great new books. I turned 24, which makes me 1/4 century old! (don't argue, you know we start at 0, not 1)
Baaahahahahaha. Seriously, that is an actual section of Barnes and Noble. Puke.
Ricky bought me this dress at Talbots, I'm in love with it. It's very (less crazy) Betty Draper. Even better, it's a size 4 petite! Love it too? Buy it here.
Tonight for dinner I made lamb vindaloo. I miss good Indian food, so tonight my nostalgia inspired me. Lamb chunks in a sauce of tomato paste, cider vinegar, garlic, onions, lots of chili, clove, cardamom, turmeric, cumin, and bay leaves, simmered for 90 minutes and served with basmati rice and naan.
If I had been wearing socks, it would have knocked them off. Fabulous.

4 comments:

  1. nope, you're still a year short of a quarter century. we may start at 0, but when you turn one, you've lived one year. So you're IN your 25th year now but you haven't completed 25 years yet. Sorry babe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! Ricky says that I'm a quarter century old! (he just said, "oh, I guess that is right)
    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Gotcha, Ricky!

    but it's okay if you're not a quarter century old yet, I like ya anyway!

    ReplyDelete