8.05.2010

pantry dinner

So... I haven't been to the grocery store. I know I know...
So tonight for dinner, it was sort of a "what's in the pantry?" kind of meal.
Here's what I came up with.
Grilled chicken thighs that I had marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic, roasted potato wedges with rosemary, and a can of green beans.
Don't hate on canned green beans, you can really dress up a can of vegetables if you're so inclined.
I cooked mine up with almonds, capers, and a little butter. They were darn good.
I'm thinking of making this, "what's in the pantry?" thing a weekly event. Once a week, I'll just make a meal with whatever is in the house, without planning anything or stopping for any special ingredients.
I bet I'll find some interesting things in that pantry...

2 comments:

  1. My contribution: Chicken breasts w/ skin, baked at 345, butter, garlic, thyme tucked under the skin. Broil after 80 mins to finish and crisp the skin with olive oil and more thyme. Grab some fresh green beans, snap and cook w/ sweet yellow onions and salt while the chicken bakes. Add a little rice or couscous for a nice finish. 10 min prep, 1.5 hr cooking time max with plenty of down time to do other stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well fuck you too John,hahahaha, I kid.
    That sounds awesome! I'm going to make it and mention you as my muse in the blog!
    =)
    Nice to know that other love food the way I do!

    ReplyDelete