8.23.2010

more food ♥

Last night's dinner: Pot roast with vegetables on egg noodles.
I make my pot roast in a dutch oven, as I don't own a slow cooker. I also add red wine to my broth, as well as a little tomato paste. It makes all the difference.
This is what I made tonight! I'm pretty proud of it. I had no idea what I was going to make, and when I got home I saw that Ricky had pulled out some pork chops.
I made zucchini al forno (zucchini, cream, garlic, mozzarella, and breadcrumbs), farfalle, seared pork chops, and a mustard fennel cream sauce.
-Mustard Cream Sauce-
Heavy cream
Butter
Whole grain dijon mustard
Fresh dill
1/2 a fennel bulb, sliced thin
Capers
salt and pepper (I used white pepper)
In a large pan, melt the butter. Add fennel, and cook until soft but not brown. Add the cream and mustard, stir to combine. Simmer over medium heat until everything is nice and melted together. Add the capers, dill, salt, and pepper.
That's it.
I was really surprised, I loved this sauce, and so did Ricky.
Dinner success!

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I really want to live with you sometimes. ;) Ricky is a very lucky man that you're such a creative and good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Good, glad you know it, Rick!

    ReplyDelete