6.28.2010

Leftover Chicken

The whole chicken I roasted on Saturday night left me with lots of chicken to use up. What do you do with leftover chicken? Shred it all to hell and make tacos, that's what.
Chicken soft tacos with black beans, mache, tomatoes, green onions, light sour cream, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos.
The chicken was orginally roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper, so it was easy to add a few more spices and change the flavor completely. I warmed my leftover shredded chicken in a pan with chicken broth, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, garlic, and Mexican oregano. I love this spice mixture, and it's so much better than a packet of taco seasoning. I also added about a teaspoon of sofrito base to the chicken. I like Goya brand the best.
It's stormy out today, and it's supposed to be for the rest of the week. I love these rainy days. They remind me of home and make me feel super motivated to deep clean my house. Light some candles, make something hearty for dinner... that sort of stuff.
Hooray for crappy weather. ♥

2 comments:

  1. ...would it weird you out to hear that your posts inspire me to deep-clean, light candles, and spoil my hubby with good food?

    I think it has something to do with your unique leftover-photography skills.

    We were in Pensacola a little over a week ago-- and I'm kicking myself for not taking the time to message you and see if you felt like hanging out. Would have been really cool to meet you. We drove by EverMan market-- I was like "hey! I've read about that place!"

    I'm a goober. keep up the fun, light-hearted blogs. Lordy-knows we need light-hearted these days!

    Vanessa & Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice comment! Thank you so much for saying such kind things, it made me smile and totally made my day. I can't believe that my silly little blog is something that makes people happy. =)

    ReplyDelete