6.09.2010

Candy Bummer, Pug Attack, Mean Customers, and Lamb.

I made (read: attempted to make) lavender caramels last night. The recipe said to pour the mixture into a foil lined, buttered pan and to let them cool in the fridge overnight.
Okay. I can do that.
Today I tried to turn it out to cut it up, but it was still gooey and the foil stuck to it. I had to throw the whole thing in the trash.
It broke my candy-making spirit.
I just saw two rabbits eating things in my garden. Jerks.
Yesterday at work I had the meanest customer yet. He made me cry. It's a long story that I don't care to write out right now. I just have no idea why some people think it's okay to be so cruel to people in the service industry. I mean really, what makes you want to be an asshole to your Starbucks girl? He was horribly disrespectful, condescending, and rude.
AND he has no idea how to order at Starbucks.
On to happier things.
I'm watching Wandi Haddow's two pugs for a week. They're being awesome, and we really like having them around. This is Tokyo.
I have nothing else to say about that. Look at that face.
If I see another chicky boob I'll scream. Tonight I made lamb with roasted potatoes and peas.
Peas.
From a can.
Le Sueur, but still.
Those that know me know that I stay far far away from canned or frozen vegetables most of the time. I think it keeps you from being seasonal, which I believe to be important. Today I worked until 4, went to the gym for an hour, and really just wanted something fast.
Enter: The canned pea.
I sauteed onions and bacon in olive oil, then added the peas (drained) and heated everything through.
Pretty darn tasty for canned peas.

1 comment: