3.23.2010

today

Today was a nightmare and a half.
But.
There's backyard kayaking.
(yes, that's me)
There's digging up garden beds in the yard.
(Yes, that's Ricky from the waist down)
There's buying seeds, seedlings, watering cans, and gardening gloves.
There's lavender and Westie pups.
(Yup, that's Maggie May)
And there's the bird in the birdhouse making a mean face.
(Her mate is astonishingly blue, and I've vowed to get a photo of him)
There's sunshine, soft breezes, the smell of the earth, finding tons of lizards, and playing with my dogs.
There's spending time with my mustache-free husband.
There's forgoing cooking and dishes and ordering pizza.
There's making myself work out, because I know it will make me feel good after.
There's a lot of good, even when it all seems bad.
Not a total loss.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, I really like the Polaroid detail! The sentiment is spot on for me this week as well, the whole thing has been pretty crappy. BUT it is nice to decompress in the comfort of your own home, isn't it? :)

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lake in your backyard?! We have a canoe, but dh wants to get a kayak one day.

    Love the looks of all your seedlings! And what a pretty lavender plant. Mine keep dying off, not all at once, thank goodness. I keep having to replenish them.

    You have a bluebird box? That's wonderful!

    Sorry that your Tuesday was not so good though.

    ReplyDelete