3.27.2010

Spring in full swing.

So Ricky has been home for a little over a week, and we're already busy with the house. We've chosen our new flooring (see the blog a couple down) and we're purchased half of it. Yes, half, as we don't have space for 123 cases of Pergo, ha. We're doing the whole shebang, all 2,000 square feet, including the kitchen and bathrooms. Quite an undertaking, but since we own the house we're thinking about resale value as well as the aesthetic aspect for us. I can't wait until it's done, the dusty blue walls in the living room will look so nice with hickory floors. Pergo was a good choice for us, what with future renters and present pets. =)
My garden has been started! Tomatoes, eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, several different pepper varieties, sunflowers, cucumbers, lots of herbs, and lavender. I'd also like to start a trellis for green beans. I'm starting small, as I don't know what this Florida weather will permit as far as growing goes. I wonder if I can try my hand at a citrus tree again? Here's hoping.
The Spring cleaning has been done for a while. I spent a couple of weeks scrubbing floors, deep cleaning carpets, moving appliances and washing walls and windows both inside and out. It's nice to have it done so early, so that we can focus on other things (floors and lawn care, for example) now.
I want to find a good evergreen shrub to plant in front of my house. Three or four, something hardy and attractive. Any ideas, fellow gardeners? I was thinking maybe Indian Hawthorne...

Ricky and I have a busy summer coming up! In May we're driving down to the Florida Keys, as well as stopping by the Everglades and Manatee Beach, we have family and friends coming to visit in June, and then at the end of October we leave for Costa Rica. Speaking of which, I need a new passport. And to learn Spanish.
Beth! How much Spanish did you need to know?

I've been faithfully sticking to my workout routine, and I recently added Jillian's cardio DVD to the mix. Now I'm doing The 30 Day Shred 6 days a week and the cardio one 5 days a week. So on five days out of the week I'm working out for an hour and fifteen minutes. I love it. The 30 Day Shred is only 24 minutes, so it's perfect to do in the morning before work, although working out with Jillian Michaels at 3:30 am isn't the BEST way to start my day, hahaha.
I'm off to finish dinner, and I'm making some adorable surprise cupcakes tonight, too!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you consider 'starting small' to mean 8+ vegetables, 'several different pepper varieties' and 'lots of herbs'... <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your green beans and everything you grow! Do try a citrus again; they should grow easily in FL. Your vacation plans sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete