2.13.2010

A lovely Saturday.

Today my very handy neighbor came over and informed me that my dishwasher is kaput. I guess it's back to the pioneer days for this lady.
At least I have Mrs. Meyer's to make the task more enjoyable.
Later in the morning Angelina and I went to Pensacola to buy necessary things like skinny vanilla lattes with protein powder and makeup. It was a good, fun day.
I decided to switch foundations. I've only ever been loyal to one brand, and that's Lancôme. I love their products, they blend beautifully with my skin tone, and don't cause any complexion issues.
I switched from their Ageless Mineral Makeup to their new Ôscillation Mineral Makeup.
I thought the oscillation thing seemed gimmicky, but the lady took off my makeup and applied this stuff, and I loved it. It feels soft, has just the right amount of coverage, and is still sheer enough that my skin looks like skin. Plus it wears for 14 hours and has an SPF of 21.

I also picked up a new facial cleanser, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. It's a makeup remover and cleanser in one (because those aren't the same thing, people) and it's got a nice, creamy texture. I'm pretty excited about it.

Shopping made us hungry, so we went to Panera. I had half a Fuji Apple Salad and half a bowl of their Garden Vegetable with Pesto Soup.
Angelina had half of a Greek Salad and some of Panera's awesome Chicken Noodle.

And we both had a Black Cherry Smoothie. They were delicious, and under 300 calories. Which made us happy.

One more thing. I've decided that I'm going to start wearing my hair in a more wavy fashion, so this morning I gave my hair some big curls with my flat iron. Strange, I know, for me to be curling my already curly hair. It fell flat rather quickly, but I still liked the way it looked.
And for no good reason at all, I thought I'd throw in a picture of my newest tattoo. It's not really new, I've had it for a while, but a lot of my good friends back home haven't seen it.
Haha, don't be jealous of my mad photography skills.
I'm off to work out and then go to bed! I work bright and early tomorrow. Happy early Valentine's Day everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's definitely new-er... =) what is it/what does it say..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says Om Mani Padme Hum, it's a yogic mantra for compassion. =)

    I have to remind myself of such values, lol.

    ReplyDelete