1.20.2010

Secret Work

My secret work yesterday was making dinner and a sweet treat for Bethany. Today was her first day back at work as well as Braden's first full day of daycare.
I made her chicken enchiladas and brownies. I prepped everything last night, and today I took everything over to her house before she got home from work. I made rice too, but totally left in my fridge, cause I'm forgetful like that. My plan was to be in and out before she got home... but traffic was horrible on the way there, and she got home right before I left. It was nice to be there and hear about her day.
I made two for me and ate them for dinner when I got home. So good!
The brownies were my first brownies ever from scratch, and probably my second or third in any form. They were lavender chocolate brownies with a hint of espresso. Pretty. Freaking. Awesome.
It's nice to do little things for the people you care about. I love Bethany and she's doing such an amazing job as a single working mother, and I'm excited about being there for her for whatever she may need. Including the making of brownies.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me, but I am Bethany's older sister. I just want to say thank-you for being such a wonderful friend to Bethany and for caring as much as you do. I really really hate it that I am so far away from her and can't be there to do these kind of things for her. I mean, that's what big sisters are for, so it just really sucks. So thanks for stepping up at a time when her sister can't be there :(

    <3 Becca

    ReplyDelete