12.23.2009

Tonight I surprised even myself

Today I went grocery shopping. I just needed some basics, but I passed by the seafood counter and saw some very attractive, never-frozen shrimp. I bought 1/2 a pound, figuring that I'd think of something to do with them. I really like shrimp, and fresh, never-frozen shrimp are so hugely different than the stuff you buy that's been frozen at some point. They taste like the ocean, not fishy at all.
So. I cooked my pretty little skrimps up in some olive oil. Once they were done, I removed them and added 2 minced cloves of garlic and some red pepper flakes to the oil. Then 1/2 cup of Pinot Grigio went in, and then some halved grape tomatoes and some fresh basil. Then the shrimps joined their new family in the pan, along with a tablespoon of nice Kerrygold Irish butter. Hell yes.
Seasoned with some kosher sea salt and very fine cracked black pepper. Thanks Peugeot.
To drink I had some Louis Jadot Rosé. I haven't drank rosé since Germany, but this one was pretty good. Nice and dry (sweet rosé is disgusting to me) and it paired perfectly with the seafood/pasta combination. This meal was so good that I actually said "yum!" out loud to myself. If you know me, you know that I don't say words like "yum."

At Publix I found gelato! Well, made in America gelato, but still. Talenti Gelato, cappuccino flavor. It actually tasted like espresso, which is a nice change of pace from super sugary "coffee" flavored ice creams. They also make sorbet in great Romanesque flavors like raspberry and limoncello. Awesome.

This is how Gojira drinks water, just so you know.

2 comments: