11.26.2009

Happy Thanksgiving To You!

Yesterday was a really great day! Bobby had a certain souvenir he wanted to find, and our search efforts took us all over the greater Ft. Walton Beach/Pensacola/Destin areas.
We stopped by Pensacola Beach to enjoy the weather, walking up and down the beach for about an hour and a half. It's funny, we live five minutes away, but I always get excited to be at the beach. Silly. The weather was perfect yesterday. Calm waters, barely-there wind, lots of sun. Perfect for beach meandering.little waves
footprints in the sand
my handsome beach-combin' husband

When we got home I made the guys a nice man meal. Seared ribeyes, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli. It went over well. I liked that it took around 15 minutes, once the potatoes were close to done (I don't have a microwave and do everything in the oven.)It left me plenty of time to get my Thanksgiving prep done. I chopped everything that needed chopping, so now I have big Ziploc bags full of diced onion, chopped celery, and quartered carrots in my fridge. I cubed up my French bread and laid it out to dry on a baking sheet, chopped lots of herbs and made each individual bouquet garni, laid out my butter to soften overnight, set all my serving dishes out, prepared my pie and tart crusts and wrapped them in plastic wrap, and set all my recipes out where I can see them. Cooking starts in 2 hours! I can't stand people who pout their turkey in at like 6 am... Do you just like dry poultry? Or do you simply hate food?
I'm excited. You should be too!
Here is my menu (I made it at Tiny Prints, if you're curious)
What are you making for Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. I want to come eat at your house! We miss you here in Germany! KB is not the same without you.

    ReplyDelete