11.29.2009

Beach, Bears, and Turkey: Take 3

After we got home from Target (of the wreath purchasing awesomeness) Ricky and I decided to go out to Navarre Beach for a walk. It was the perfect time to go walking! Just enough daylight left, a nice cool breeze, water not too cold, beautiful sunset to watch.
Awwww
I love Pelicans! Did you know Pelecanus Occidentalis is the only of the 8 Pelican species that isn't white? Well now you do.
Not sure what these are... some type of snipe? Dowitcher, perhaps?
This is the sign currently posted at the entrance to my neighborhood.
AAH!! Panda attack?
Mmmm Turkey: Take 3. Tonight I made baked whole wheat penne with turkey, crushed tomatoes, and mozzarella. I seasoned some leftover turkey (shredded) with garlic, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning, then added a 28 ounce can of crushed San Marzano tomatoes, stirred that into the penne, and layered it in a baking dish with mozzarella. I put it under the broiler for about 15 minutes, just to get the cheese nice and bubbly and browned.
This is an awesome leftover recipe! Great for leftover turkey, chicken, or sausage. You could even use ground beef, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment