10.28.2009

Sick Puppy

Doesn't she look sad and desperate? Maggie received her second puppy booster shot (DA2PPV-L, if you know about these things and were wondering) today, and it has made her mopey and lethargic, and her hip seems to be hurting her at the site of the injection. Poor dear. I've called the emergency vet twice so far (it's been about 7 hours) and they say she sounds like she's fine. They told me to give her 10 milligrams of Benadryl and keep an eye on her. I wonder if I'll sleep...

I quite literally had no idea what to make for dinner tonight, what with being preoccupied with my Maggie situation. Funny how whenever I'm drawing a blank on dinner ideas I always go with something Moroccan. Tonight I just threw together a Moroccan-style stew with chicken, chickpeas, tomatoes, apricots, golden raisins, zucchini, yellow squash, onions, lots of spices, and preserved lemon peel (homemade preserved lemons!). I garnished with more lemon (fresh) and some cilantro. It was pretty damn tasty for being an afterthought. Then again, if you put ras el hanout in anything I'm sure it would be tasty...
I haven't been feeling well. Thank you, Mother, for the allergies.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Maggie is feeling better today, poor dear.

    ReplyDelete