9.25.2009

Who Needs a Brick?

When you can do this? Ha!
Tonight I made chicken "under a brick," which to me just means weighted down in a grill pan. On the side we had Zucchini Al Forno, which was delicious, and lemon spaghetti.

Zucchini Al Forno
3-4 medium zucchini, sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded fontina cheese
1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
1 cup bread crumbs, plain
1 cup heavy cream
olive oil, salt, pepper
Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x9" baking dish, drizzle olive oil to coat the bottom. Layer the sliced zucchini in an even layer, top with salt & pepper, 1/3 cup cream, 1/3 cup of mozzarella and fontina, 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, and 1/3 cup Romano. Repeat layers two more times. Place the dish, uncovered, in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.

And for dessert, tiramisu! Which is quickly becoming my favorite dessert, because it's easy enough that I can prepare it while I'm making dinner. I love time savers!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm...I wish we had zucchini so I could make that. Vine borers got much of our zucchini and squash plants this year. Bummer. I'm saving that recipe though!

    And thanks for reminding me that I have mascarpone cheese in the fridge; I need to make a tiramisu too. :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. Everything you make looks killer. I have a question for you, if you don't mind. Today I replanted my outdoor herb garden into hanging pots and put them inside. I also bought a cpuple plantings of lavender (you inspired that one-- I don't really even know how to use it. I figure if I keep reading I'll eventually figure it out.) Anyway-- my question is how to keep herbs alive indoors over the winter? I've never had much luck with this. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete