9.24.2009

"The French spend as much of their income on their stomachs as the English do on their cars and stereo systems..."





I'm currently reading "A Year in Provence" by Peter Mayle. So inspired was I that I decided that something Provençal was in order for supper tonight.
I cooked a whole chicken with onions, bacon, crushed olives, tomatoes, white wine, and herbs.
Served with crusty bread, and sprinkled with a little Persillade (fresh garlic and flat leaf parsley, chopped up together) at the end. Looks fancy, took 45 minutes, and tastes amazing!



3 comments:

  1. That top photo makes me want to move in with you! LOL! Luckily, dh is a great cook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) Thank you! You leave the nicest comments, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I guess you knew I meant the top food photo and not the photo of the book page. ;)

    And you're welcome! Your blog is a pleasure to peruse.

    ReplyDelete