7.19.2009

Mmmm Cake!


I believe that few things are needed to make a kitchen beautiful aside from potted rosemary and lavender.

Also, I've decided that gone are the days of boxed cake mix. Sure, they're convenient... but what am I doing that justifies baking shortcuts?

Here we have a chocolate and lavender layer cake. It is, indeed, just as delicious as it appears to be.


I also made some delicious Chai Tea cupcakes with cardamom cream cheese frosting. These just may be my signature baked good.




These are vanilla lavender cupcakes sprinkled with cinnamon and lavender flowers. I dyed the vanilla butter cream frosting violet with some blue and pink gel food coloring.


I also wanted to throw in some pictures of Maggie sleeping in adorable positions because, let's be honest, who doesn't love sleeping puppies?

1 comment: