5.13.2009

There's Nothing Like Home Cooking

Mmmm... tonight for dinner I made Israeli spiced chicken, couscous, and fresh green beans with garlic and red pepper.


Is it just me, or is there something nostalgic about snapping the ends off of green beans? It reminds me of my Nanny (my mother's mother) and how she would grow green beans and snap peas in her garden every year. Those, along with tomatoes and the then-dreaded yellow squash were a part of just about every meal we ate at her house!

I can't wait to have my own vegetable garden in Florida! I'm not entirely sure what I'll plant, but I do know that there will be green beans.


My Israeli Spice Rub
*There are no measurements, I add everything to taste:
Cumin
Coriander Seed
Red Pepper Flakes
Smoked Paprika
Kosher Salt
Oregano
Cinnamon
Garlic Powder
-Dry-fry all spices in a nonstick skillet for about 30 seconds. Grind in a spice (or coffee) grinder. Store in an airtight jar for up to a month.

1 comment:

  1. AND IT WAS SOOO GOOD! Please don't leave me. I'll build you a terrarium to grow things here.

    ReplyDelete