5.12.2009

The Marlin will not do

As some of you may know, Ricky and I recently purchased a home in Gulf Breeze, Florida. The house is great, just the right size (2,000 sqft), has 3 bedrooms (one of which will become an office), 2 full bathrooms, a huge kitchen, a fenced yard, we're on a small lake, 2 car garage, the suburbian works. It does, however, need one very important thing. PAINT. The guest bedroom is adorned with giant fish murals. Yes, fish. There is a shark on one wall, and a marlin leaping out of water on the other. Do not ask, as I do not know.

The other guest room has a rather creepy looking little girl holding a surf board surrounded by palm trees. Floor-to-ceiling palm trees. The guest bath is graced with the same painted foliage. The master bedroom is sponge-painted green. Lovely. Last but not least, the common areas (living room, dining "area," kitchen, foyer) are alternating walls of goldenrod yellow, bright yellow, and brick red. It really is pretty horrendous.

So. I'm painting the guest bedroom pale yellow, however hum-drum that may sound. The master bedroom will be a barely-there beige, and the office will more than likely end up the same yellow. The common area ceilings are oddly vaulted, so crown molding is out of the picture, save for the bedrooms and bathrooms. I plan on having a red and very light teal kitchen. I love those colors together, and for my living/dining room, something like this!



I love the dusty blue with the crisp white wainscoting! Try to imagine it in a living room, not a bathroom. All of our living room furniture is dark brown or plays off of dark brown very well, and brown looks so lovely with blue. I'm really excited! I like beadboard wainscoting, which shouldn't be very hard to come by nor expensive, and it looks so sharp!

Our first home is going to be so pretty! After years of having to rent in Germany, it will be so nice to be able to do whatever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment