5.09.2009

Don't Just Sit There Knit Something!


I had the pleasure of spending yesterday evening at the Cooley house. Ricky played poker (and won, a-thank-you-very-much) and Brittany attempted to teach me to knit.


Knitting is about GD near impossible.

She made it look so easy! Her hands just flew around as she knit-one purl-two'd circles around me! Ah!!

I'm excited about this new endeavor, though. I'd like to be a knitter, I think it is important for women (or anyone) these days to stay connected to the old-fashioned way of doing things. Simple things, like thank you cards instead of phone calls, hand written letters instead of e-mails, making your own pie crusts from scratch, home cooking... and, of course, knitting.

Sewing, on the other hand, is a bit out of my league, and I'll save that for the B. Cooleys of the world.

Yesterday's knitting lesson did however prompt me to search for lovely knitting needles, a quest that lead me to Autumn Hollow Farm. They have to most exquisite knitting needles and crochet hooks. They also have an eBay store, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment