4.30.2009

Wedding Attire

So things are really rolling now, as far as our PCS to Florida goes. We have our tickets booked to the States, we leave here on June 1st... Ricky also booked our flight to his sister's wedding on the 19 of June in Albuquerque. This means I must shop.

I was looking at J.Crew, and I found a couple of dresses that I really love... but I don't know what color to get, and I've never tried on a dress there, so I'm afraid to order the wrong size. Or worse, to order the right size but not have it get here before we leave, since things have been known to take 6 weeks or more to arrive.

I'm looking at this dress in particular, the Silk chiffon Sophia dress. It won't ship from the site until June 9th, but there are 2 J.Crew locations in Destin, which is about 15 minutes from where I'll be living. I love the color (Vintage Blue), but the cut in the back might be a problem with my bras... alas, they just don't make great dresses for the well endowed anymore!



I also really like this one, which is basically the same thing, just a touch shorter and comes in a different blue. I really like the pewter color, though.

I'll need "cocktail" attire for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception, for that I was looking at this dress. Very Jackie-O, I think. Plus, it's on sale for $50, plus an additional 20% off... which is always nice.


I think I'll end up just looking for one once we get to Florida. It's probably much smarter to do that than buy something and have to send it back... which would be a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment