4.30.2009

Smells like home

Every time I clean my house, I want it to smell clean. I use these, the clean linen candles by Glade. They smell like fresh laundry, which is fantastic, and they cost less than $4.00, which is even better. I love the frosted glass holder they come in, and the fact that the adhesive label peels off with ease really seals the deal!

My home smells wonderful, I'm not going to be modest. I also use Yankee Candle's Basil and Mint scent, but I think it has been discontinued, though I can't imagine why. Their new world journeys series features a great French Lavender candle which I use in my hallway.

I'm also enjoying these new Soy candles, they don't burn as long, but the scent lasts forever! I use an apple and cinnamon one in my living room, and the smell is so inviting.

I use Lavender Vanilla Febreze on everything in my home. I know that there are cheaper generic versions of this stuff, but I just don't think they work as well. With two pets and a husband who loves intramural sports, it really is a must. The smell lasts and it isn't overpowering, I use it on the carpet, the sofa, his armchair, the pet beds, you name it. Sometimes I use it on my bedsheets before pressing them, though usually I take the time to mix my own lavender water in a spray bottle (a few drops of Lavender essential oil and about a 1/3 cup of water gets both sheets scented nicely) You name it, I've Febrezed it.

It's so nice to have your home smell like home.

1 comment:

  1. You just made my day... Seriously. I used to have this lavender linen spray and for whatever crazy reason, I had not thought of putting my lavender oil and water together to make my own version (since I've long since ran out of it and can't find it again!)... Thank you thank you thank you for the kick in the head. :)

    ReplyDelete