9.10.2009

Salmon, Fruit Tart, and Polaroids.


Tonight I made salmon with a honey-lime-cilantro glaze. The glaze was made with 2 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1/4 cup lime juice and some garlic. So good! I burned my hand though, after I removed the skillet from the oven. Worth it. I made some basmati cooked in chicken stock and shallots and some roasted broccoli to go along with it. This was my favorite salmon dish to date.


See that? Yeah, I made that. It's a peach, nectarine, and plum tart with sweet whole wheat crust and a quick cream made with sour cream, an egg, and almond extract. Every tart that comes away from the pan with ease is a little life victory. I always give a loud "hooray!" when it happens. My kitchen is an exciting place.

One more quick thing, thank you Ashley Casey for showing me this awesome free software that turns your digital photos into cute polaroids. You can get it here. This is Ricky and I in Holland on October 13th, 2008, the day we got married.

2 comments: