9.11.2009

Pork Chops and Chocolate

I never know what I'm going to make. I leave for work at 5 am, and so Ricky usually gets some sort of protein out of the freezer when he wakes up, leaving me to figure out what to make with it when I get home around 3. I like it like this, it keeps me on my culinary "toes."
Tonight I made herb crusted broiled pork chops, Porcini mushroom risotto, asparagus, and crusty rolls. I rubbed the chops with a mixture of chopped fresh Tarragon, Basil, and Rosemary, along with some sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil. For the risotto, I used dried Porcini mushrooms, reconstituted them in 3 cups of boiling water, and added them to the rice before adding the cooking liquid (which was the three cups of new mushroom broth created from reconstituting the mushrooms!)
I also tried my hand at Chocolate Bark! Easily the simplest thing I've ever made. I do apologize for the wicked blurry photograph. This is dark chocolate bark with ginger, fleur de sel, and black sesame seeds! Weirdly good! I think I like this "adding whatever you want" thing... this combination seemed like a good idea, I'm glad it turned out well.

This year I'm inviting family to our home for Thanksgiving! I've already planned out my menu, and I'm going to order invitations with menus printed on them to mail out to my guests! How adorable! I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment