9.15.2009

Instant Mexican Dinner

Good Housekeeping inspired me to make spicy chicken quesadillas. I seasoned the chicken (boneless skinless breast tenders) in lime juice and ground chipotle chile. Saute red bell pepper and red onion in a nonstick skillet until soft, add the chicken, cook until no longer pink and remove from skillet. Lay one tortilla in the pan, heat for 30 seconds, then add some of the chicken mixture, a little shredded cheddar, and some fresh cilantro, then top with the second tortilla. How quick is that?
I served mine with homemade guacamole (avocado, cilantro, lime juice, red onion, fresh garlic, chopped tomato, black pepper) and pico de gallo (tomato, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, olive oil, lime juice)
I prepared these in my brand new (just arrived today!) Calphalon Unison Slide Nonstick Frypan!
I'm already fawning all over them. They're gorgeous, cook evenly, and they're dishwasher safe.
A nonstick pan that is dishwasher safe.

1 comment: