8.08.2009

Salmon!

Today was a relatively unproductive day, save for a few menial house chores and making dinner.
Oh, how I love making dinner.
Tonight I made salmon with roasted vegetables (onions and red bell peppers.) I had wanted to use fennel instead of onions, but I didn't have any, so I seasoned the vegetables with fennel seed and herb de Provence, which is one of my favorites. I roasted the vegetables at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, after which I nestled the salmon in there with them and cooked for an additional 16. I served it on hot cooked long grain rice, with broccoli and a quick vinaigrette made from olive oil, red wine vinegar, chopped capers, minced garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper.
C'est Manifique!I would also like to say that living in a subdivision is awful. Why pay an association fee just to have some moron with no taste tell you what you cannot and have to do with your own home? We got a letter today saying that our garbage can had to be kept out of sight. It isn't in the front, it's around the side of our house, and our garbage went out yesterday! Seriously? A letter? Someone couldn't just come to my door? I hate this sort of thing. The people running Hidden Shores in Gulf Breeze are stupid. I'd like some of my $281 fee to go to the addition of sidewalks, so that I don't have to be in the street or in other yards when I walk my dogs. What are you spending all that money on, anyway? Electricity for the 5 street lamps? Postage for unnecessary letters?

2 comments:

  1. You should join the committee! You can now, ya know, being the grown up home-owner and all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Kari these people are awful!

    ReplyDelete