8.07.2009

Orange-Vanilla Bean Cupcakes

Sexy little orange beasts!
I made six candied orange slices and six candied lemon slices. I must have cooked the lemons too long, because they got a little bitter. Instead of using them, I just mounded the butter cream on half of the cupcakes and topped them with a blackberry. Sweet ♥
These weren't too difficult. Several bowls and quite a few ingredients, but well worth it. The most difficult part was the Swiss Meringue Butter Cream. The candied orange slices are to die for, they remind Ricky and I of those sugared orange slice candies, you know the ones I'm talking about?Like these, only better and tastier and real fruit!


There is something so damn satisfying about cooking an entire meal and dessert from scratch. I adore making cupcakes. Ricky adores eating said cupcakes. We're a pretty great team.

No comments:

Post a Comment