8.06.2009

Sablés Au Citron

Lemon Butter Cookies, that is.
Tonight I made this magnificent little two-bite lovelies.
They took practically no time to whip up, and they only have 7 ingredients! In the words of Ina Garten, "Now how easy is that?"




1 Organic Lemon (I love my co-op!)
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fleur de sel
7 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg yolk
1 cup confectioners sugar
-Zest the lemon, reserve fruit for juice. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and zest. I decided to combine lavender flowers with my sugar in a food processor and then add it to the flour, but that's just me.) Add the butter and combine it with your fingers. Add the yolk and stir with a fork until blended, then knead the dough into a ball. If it is too dry, add some ice-cold water, a little at a time.
Roll the dough into a log (or two) and wrap in plastic. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Preheat oven while the dough chills, to 350 degrees.
Remove dough, unwrap, and slice into quarter inch rounds. Place half an inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes until edges are golden. Let cool completely.
Whisk lemon juice and confectioners sugar together. Drizzle or spread over cookies, allow to set for about an hour.
This recipe is from Chocolate and Zucchini, by Clotilde Dusoulier. Glorious little book, I highly recommend it.

Another thing that made me smile today:

Fresh flowers on my coffee table and a lemon Perrier from Ever'Man, which is the only place I've found it here. Oh, and a very clean house.
Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment