9.13.2009

Sausage and Vegetable Soup

It was a beautiful day, Ricky and I went to the local weekend flea market. What a colossal collection of crap! We also stopped by a nearby antique store, where I saw this fabulous old steamer trunk. They wanted $250 for it, and I couldn't get to it to see it's true condition, so I passed. I may go back for a second look, though.
It's beginning to storm outside, and what better meal during a thunderstorm than a piping hot bowl of soup? Tonight I made a soup with chicken sausage, kale, parsnips, potatoes, carrots, garlic, and green beans.
Here it is, garnished with fresh parsley and a little goat cheese. I love how the tartness of the goat cheese cuts through the heartiness of the soup. I served this with some cornbread (baked in my corncob shaped muffin pan!)
Hooray for soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment