9.17.2009

Holy Cupcakes!

Look what I made!
They're for the bake sale at the hospital tomorrow. I've been looking for an excuse to create something fabulous and adorable, and I now have one! I love them!
You make these by painting stripes of gel paste food coloring on the inside of a piping bag, then filling the bag with white icing. The icing will come out striped and awesome! These were so easy, and they look like they were so hard.
These are vanilla chai cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
I make awesome cream cheese frosting, I worked at Cinnabon!
In a mixer, combine equal parts butter and cream cheese. Add twice that amount of powdered sugar, then add 1 tbsp. lemon extract and 2 tbsp. vanilla. Add a little more powdered sugar if you want it to be stiffer. This is so good, try not to eat it out of the bowl.

3 comments:

  1. Those are BEEEYOOOTEEEFUUUUL!!!!! Can't wait for you to create at the Bean :-) I'm dying to call you, but it's nearly 11, so I decided to cyber-stalk you instead. Wait til I send this link to Lisa; she's TOTALLY going to lick her monitor. (You think I'm kidding, but I would bet my bottom dollar on it!) OK, so CALL ME, because I have a lot to fill you in on. Be sitting down, though.
    Talk to you soon!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Van Gogh couldn't have done a better job with this! And thank you for the icing recipe; I'm using it for sure.

    ReplyDelete