8.22.2009

Lavender Roasted Pork Loin

I was feeling particularly lavender-y last night, so I roasted a pork tenderloin in it!
Along with fennel seed, thyme, salt, and pepper, this seasoning blend turned out beautifully! Sort of like a more floral Herb d' Provence, if you will.
Alongside I served some herbed polenta with a little Parmesan cheese, and some sautéed fresh kale!
Regretfully, until last night, Ricky and I had never had kale. Boy were we missing out! This stuff is fantastic. And to think, I only picked some up because it was on sale for $1.59 a bunch at Ever'Man. Silly me, not eating it before now! I cut the whole bunch into pieces, and tossed it in my huge cast iron pan with some olive oil and lots of fresh garlic. So good! I can't even imagine the effect this leafy green wonder might have on soups!

Mmmm antioxidants!

2 comments:

  1. oh sweet mother of God that looks good. I'm nearly a vegetarian, so for me to drool over pork, of all things, is monumental. What is this about lavender? I've never used it. I don't even know what to use it for. I tried to grow it in my garden, but it died. Any tips on where to start with it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on where you live, you may need a different variety of lavender. I can't tell you the specifics, but if you check onnline for growing zones and different types,I'm sure you can find one that works in your climate. I start mine inside, in a big flower pot, and then I take it outside. Lavender is fantastic on food! On everything, really. You can buy culinary lavender in better grocery stores and online. Seriously, meat, potatoes (especially potatoes) desserts... everything!

    Thank you for saying my food looked good! ^_^

    ReplyDelete