8.26.2009

Irish Stew! Yarrr! (Pirate?)

I've been in the mood for lamb. Shut it, PETA.
I made Irish Lamb stew tonight. I love meals like this, that I can throw together in a pot as soon as I get home, go about my business, and in about an hour dinner is ready. This stew is incredibly simple, I got the recipe from my mom who made it when I was a girl.
Lamb for stew
2 tablespoons olive oil
Quartered red potatoes
1 large onion, cut into wedges
3-4 carrots, cut into thick rounds
Water, to cover
Salt and Pepper, Caraway Seeds, and Garlic Powder, to taste.
Brown meat in a stock pot. Add carrots and onions. Cook until browned. Add potatoes, seasoning, and water to cover. Cook on medium low for 45-60 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.

3 comments:

  1. My mum always made Lubi with lamb, it's just tomatoes, green beans and lamb chuncks and it stews forever, you might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! I can't even buy lamb in this redneck pit of a town! I can't wait until he's AF and we can blow this popsicle stand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) I got it at the Navy commmissary!

    Kari, thanks for the recipe! It sounds great, I think it will be my next lamb dish! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete