8.13.2009

Bon Appetit!

After seeing Julie and Julia, I invited Bethany (and baby Mordecai) over and in homage to Julia Child I made Boeuf Bourguignon! It was trés manifique, if I do say so myself. It took forever. Literally, if a light year was in fact a measure of time it would have take around that long (a light year is a measure of distance, it's a common misconception.)
Well worth it, though! To accompany said main course I prepared heirloom tomato bruschetta, spinach artichoke dip with mozzarella, and lots of crusty French Bread. The best part was the braised onions! I could eat these as a side dish all on their own!The finished product after four and a half hours in the kitchen!
Spinach dip, so gooey and fabulous!
Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta, although here it looks like some sort of fruit salad...
I just love this picture! I stopped by Ever'Man and picked up some organic fennel, artichokes, and these beautiful jewel toned heirloom tomatoes. Gorgeous!
This, my friends, is a pumpkin scone. Not just for breakfast anymore, these tasty little triangles are a genius way to end a meal, paired with a cup of spiced chai tea. Go make one, and then eat it. Not very French, but who cares? Neither is Bruschetta.

Here are some more pictures of Maggie being adorable, because I'm sure you aren't sick of them yet.
P.S. Ricky's '67 Mustang, Gloria, is finally here. He picked her up from New Orleans today, which was as close as the Air Force could get her. This is her in the rear view mirror on the drive back.

No comments:

Post a Comment